Genzlingers Material Requirements Planning (MRP) application interprets the Master Production Schedule. It advises manufacturing on what to build and advises purchasing on what to buy. Its design is streamlined to reduce paper flow and computer time requirements by omitting costly job shop features not needed in repetitive manufacturing.
- Accepts the Master Production Schedule from the MPS application.
- Translates the Master Production Schedule into to sub-assembly and component part requirements after adjusting for safety stock, netting for work-in-process and raw material inventory, adjusting for scrap, lot sizing and time phasing where desired.
- Provides "regenerative" planning utilizing a unique 28 day, 22 week and 6 month record architecture for rapid calculation and provides gross, net and adjustment records for each part.
- Allows manual adjustments to "fine tune" manufacturing and purchasing schedules.
- Provides pegging of component parts to parent part requirements.
- Provides a variety of production schedule formats for finished goods, sub-assemblies, component parts and raw materials with the option to print component part availability by inventory location.
- Provides fine-cut capacity planning reports.
- Provides daily work orders with specific instructions for each machine or cell.
- Updates schedules, capacity plans and work orders daily or by shift for actual production, adjustments, issues and received purchased materials.
- Provides input to purchase ordering for generation of supplier releases.
- Maintains separate shop calendars for each work center.
- Integrates with Master Production Scheduling, Inventory Management, Bill of Material and Purchase Order Processing.
© 2004 Genzlinger Associates Inc. All rights reserved