Genzlingers Master Production Scheduling (MPS) application brings together all independent demands for product from Release/Shipment communications (EDI), Customer Order Processing, Forecasts and manual entry. It provides interactive capability for manipulating and leveling these demands and constructs a Master Production Schedule.
- Accepts and consolidates independent demand from Manual Forecasts, Sales Forecasts, Customer Orders and Electronic (EDI) Customer Releases.
- Allows extensive manipulation of draft master schedules through menu features such as rolling, netting, scrap factoring, and lot sizing.
- Provides Net Change analysis between two master production schedules.
- Prints the Master Production Schedule in 12 day, 4 week, 12 week and 12 month formats.
- Provides rough-cut capacity planning to evaluate feasibility of the Master Production Schedule in terms of critical materials, manpower, machines and finances.
- Provides Sales Forecasting for one and five year horizons.
- Forecasts demand using moving average, weighted moving average, and exponential smoothing with seasonal and economic trend adjustments.
- Prints Sales Forecasts in units or dollars.
- Generates a Master Production Schedule (MPS) file for use by the MRP application.
- Maintains multiple shop calendars.
- Provides long horizons for capacity and resource planning.
- The system integrates with the Genzlinger Release/Shipment Communications, Customer Order Processing, Material Requirement Planning and Inventory Management applications.
© 2004 Genzlinger Associates Inc. All rights reserved