Genzlinger's Bills of Material (BM) application is a complete sub-system for maintaining product structure records. It supports up to ninety nine levels of sub-assemblies and component parts. It maintains one record for each component/parent part relationship. This defines the raw materials, component parts and sub-assemblies required to manufacture a parent part.
- Allows for product structure file maintenance with:
- Component attaching operations and user assigned printing sequences.
- Specifies quantity per parent to six decimal places.
- Negative quantities per parent for modular bills and by-products parts.
- Specification of scrap/shrinkage allowances for each component.
- Obsolete, forecasted/planned and active component status with effectivity dates.
- Back flushing options for each component/part structure.
- Creates new bills by copying parts of old ones.
- Provides for the import of Bills of Material from other divisions.
- Mass replaces all occurrences of an obsolete item with a replacement part.
- Allows for alternate component items.
- Provides inquiry for indented or single level bills of material and where used records.
- Provides standard printouts in a variety of Bill of Material, Costed Bill of Material, where Used and Visual formats.
- Creates audit trails of changes to the product structure file with the date, time and operator.
- Accesses parts by partial item number, partial customer part number or partial description.
- Integrates with Customer Order Processing, Master Production Scheduling, Material Requirements Planning, Inventory Management, Routing, Standard Costing and Lot Tracking.
© 2004 Genzlinger Associates Inc. All rights reserved